This episode of the podcast is a little different from the others. Usually my guests share their entrepreneurial stories, step-by-step, in order to help you on your journey. But sometimes we need to step back and take a look at the bigger picture.
This episode is all about ideas. My guest today is Daniel Howley, senior writer at LAPTOP Magazine. We spend an hour talking about tech. But not today’s tech, we talk about what’s going to be happening tomorrow and beyond.
Do you know who made the most money as mobile developers? The people who built the very first iOS apps. If there’s a new paradigm-shift technology coming, you want to start thinking about it now so that you’re able to get in on the ground floor when it launches.
If you’re a technology novice, this episode will take you out of the novice stage.
Here’s what we chat about:
- What do people mean when they say “wearables”
- Why smartphones are just a transitional technology
- The two types of people in the world: people who like Google Glass and everyone else
- Apple isn’t the first out with technology — it waits until it has the best product
- Internet connectivity…untethered
- Why T-Mobile may soon be the cellular company to beat
- Can you really call it 4G speed when it only works on five street corners?
- Pseudo-social networks like Snapchat and Secret and why they’re the future
- How Snapchat is relevant even if you’re not sending nudes
Links mentioned in this show include:
- 002 : Getting press in a crowded marketplace with Dan Howley
- Apple’s WWDC
- Android Wear
- Moto 360 Smartwatch
- Watch the best of T-Mobile CEO John Legere (so far) – The Verge
- HIGH-SCHOOL TEACHER: In 16 Years Of Teaching, Nothing Has Disrupted My Classroom More Than Snapchat’s New Update
- Leo’s Fortune (iOS)
- Link Bubble Pro (Android)
- Dark Sky (iOS)
Did you enjoy this episode? Thank Dan on Twitter!
If you thought this episode of the podcast was interesting, take a few seconds and let Dan know by clicking the link below to share via Twitter:
Click here to thank Dan on Twitter!
What do you think technology will look like in ten years? Let us know in the comments below!
Can’t get enough?
There’s a new episode every week, so subscribe to stay in the loop! I have some amazing guests lined up that you won’t want to miss!
Click here to subscribe via iTunes
Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
Click here to subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed)
If you have a moment, I’d also really appreciate you leaving an honest rating and review of the Novice No Longer podcast. It helps immensely with iTunes search and ranking, and helps other people discover this new show. You can rate it by clicking here.
The Novice No Longer Podcast intro music was composed by the talented Will Larche.
Thanks again for listening!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 52:09 — 41.9MB) | Embed