There’s a technology sector that has the potential for insanely high returns, yet no investor wants anywhere near it. On this week’s podcast, I talk to Cindy Gallop, founder of MakeLoveNotPorn.tv (adult content), about the challenges of creating a sex-tech startup and the benefits of removing shame and stigma from the national conversation about sex.
Just a warning, today’s episode contains both adult language and content. This is also one of the most important episodes of the podcast I’ve ever released. The things Cindy Gallop is doing are absolutely amazing, and I’m so honored to have her on the show to share her story. I’ve been a subscriber to MakeLoveNotPorn.tv since seeing her TED talk, and she continues to pave the way towards making the world a better place.
This is one episode you won’t want to miss.
Here’s what we chat about:
- The impact of always-available pornography on young men
- How Cindy’s educational website turned into a video sharing website
- How sex education needs to adapt to reach the younger generation
- Improving the world by taking the shame and embarrassment out of sex and nudity
- Celebrating sex just like you’d celebrate other important life events
- The three words that kill almost every sex-tech startup: “no adult content”
- Disarming “revenge porn”
- Porn stars having real-world sex: how it’s completely different from the porn videos we know
- Becoming the Y Combinator of sex
- Why the “next big thing” in tech is changing the world through sex
Links mentioned in this show include:
- Cindy Gallop TED talk
- DOWN app (formerly Bang With Friends)
- NY Tech Meetup
- (Sponsor) Planet 1107 app development
Did you enjoy this episode? Thank Cindy on Twitter!
If you thought this episode of the podcast was interesting, take a few seconds and let Cindy know by clicking the link below to share via Twitter:
What was the last sex related purchase you’ve made? Let us know in the comments below!
Can’t get enough?
There’s a new episode every week, so subscribe to stay in the loop! I have some amazing guests lined up that you won’t want to miss!
If you have a moment, I’d also really appreciate you leaving an honest rating and review of the Novice No Longer podcast. It helps immensely with iTunes search and ranking, and helps other people discover this new show. You can rate it by clicking here.
Thanks again for listening!