I love talking to programmers who no longer spend majority of their time writing code. Having a background in software development bring such a unique and analytical perspective to even project, and that’s definitely true of this week’s podcast episode.
My guest is Lis Hubert, the user experience consultant behind Hubert Experience Design. She was writing Java when she got her first information architecture job offer, and her career has blossomed from there. I talk to her about her experiences in the field and she even shares was it was like to hire two interns at her one-woman UX operation last year.
Entrepreneurship is about working for yourself, and that’s exactly what Lis is doing. There’s great information in here if you’re looking to do the same.
Here’s what we chat about:
- Information architecture and its relationship to user experience
- How information architecture is just like traditional architecture
- How Lis started consulting when she lost her job
- How to networking, even if you’re an introvert
- When you hire a UX consultant, what’s the first thing that happens?
- How things have changed in the UX world in recent years
- How UX has changed with the introduction of powerful mobile devices
- How does Google Glass fit into the technological landscape?
- Bringing interns into a one-person consulting organization
- Why a thick skin in required when getting into UX
Links mentioned in this show include:
Did you enjoy this episode? Thank Lis on Twitter!
If you thought this episode of the podcast was interesting, take a few seconds and let Lis know by clicking the link below to share via Twitter:
Click here to thank Lis on Twitter!
Have you had an internship? What did you do? Let us know in the comments below!
Can’t get enough?
There’s a new episode every week, so subscribe to stay in the loop! I have some amazing guests lined up that you won’t want to miss!
Click here to subscribe via iTunes
Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
Click here to subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed)
If you have a moment, I’d also really appreciate you leaving an honest rating and review of the Novice No Longer podcast. It helps immensely with iTunes search and ranking, and helps other people discover this new show. You can rate it by clicking here.
The Novice No Longer Podcast intro music was composed by the talented Will Larche.
Thanks again for listening!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 45:31 — 36.6MB) | Embed