When you come from a non-technical background, listening to developers speak can sound a lot like FDJKFJ CJ KCDJK REJISJ KLSSJ K SKD.
Fortunately, my guest this week is here to help. Vinay Trivedi is the author of How to Speak Tech: The Non-Techie’s Guide to Technology Basics in Business. In this episode, we talk about specific things that non-technical people should learn in order to remain relevant in the workforce.
When you’re a novice, sometimes you don’t even know what questions you should be asking. Vinay helps lay a solid tech foundation so that you’ll be able to use where ever your learning takes you in the future. If you’re ready for developers to stop sounding like they’re speaking in tongue, it’s time to listen up.
Here’s what we chat about:
- Why it’s more important than ever to understand technology
- Using How to Speak Tech as a jumping-off point to getting a job in tech
- How learning about technology takes “magic” out of your favorite websites, and why that’s a good thing
- The difference between front end and back end programming languages
- Low level languages versus higher level languages
- What is an API? How can you use them? Where to find them?
- What the heck is version control and what is Github?
- Why getting your product back from your developers is not the end
- What does it mean for a website to be secure?
Links mentioned in this show include:
Did you enjoy this episode? Thank Vinay on Twitter!
If you thought this episode of the podcast was interesting, take a few seconds and let Vinay know by clicking the link below to share via Twitter:
Click here to thank Vinay on Twitter!
How did you get over the technology learning hump? Let us know in the comments below!
Can’t get enough?
There’s a new episode every week, so subscribe to stay in the loop! I have some amazing guests lined up that you won’t want to miss!
Click here to subscribe via iTunes
Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
Click here to subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed)
If you have a moment, I’d also really appreciate you leaving an honest rating and review of the Novice No Longer podcast. It helps immensely with iTunes search and ranking, and helps other people discover this new show. You can rate it by clicking here.
The Novice No Longer Podcast intro music was composed by the talented Will Larche.
Thanks again for listening!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 43:11 — 40.4MB) | Embed