It’s a seemingly simple problem — tell the user what time it is in different countries around the world — with an endless number of solutions. There are a few questions you need to ask yourself before even touching pencil to paper: What’s the best way for humans to manipulate time? And really, what is time?
SFCD Agency took a break from client work to put out its first mobile application: Miranda. It’s a time zone converter with an elegant and unique user interface. In this episode, Yasser, the Head of Product and Strategy, and Dmitry, the Creative Director, share their experience making Miranda.
It’s an inside look at the app creation process within an agency, where ideas are brainstormed and workshopped into their final form.
Here’s what we chat about:
- Getting started with agency work
- How many projects that their agency works on at a single time
- How much apps usually cost, and why people are often surprised by that
- Why an agency is like a sherpa
- How they came up with the idea for Miranda
- How Miranda started as a design challenge to all the designers in the agency
- Why SFCD created a version of the app that can be touched as soon as possible
- How long it took to make Miranda
- The biggest unexpected challenge with creating Miranda
- How agency work differs from internal projects
Links mentioned in this show include:
Ask a developer
Do you have questions about building apps? Now you can submit your question to Novice No Longer podcast and have it answered live on air! Record a question using your computer and it may be answered by some of the top developers in the App Store.
Did you enjoy this episode? Thank the SFCD Agency on Twitter!
If you thought this episode of the podcast was interesting, take a few seconds and let them know by clicking the link below to share via Twitter (you can edit the tweet first):
How do you currently keep track of different time zones? Let us know in the comments below!
Can’t get enough?
There’s a new episode every week, so subscribe to stay in the loop! I have some amazing guests lined up that you won’t want to miss!
If you have a moment, I’d also really appreciate you leaving an honest rating and review of the Novice No Longer podcast. It helps immensely with iTunes search and ranking, and helps other people discover this new show. You can rate it by clicking here.
Thanks again for listening!