I first met Scott Britton when I took his in-person Skillshare class titled “30+ Life Hacks to have more money, time, energy, and well-being.” Since then, he’s built himself an empire, building his blog Life-Long Learner into an amazing resource for people wanting to build the life they want.
On this week’s podcast, I talk to him about his journey, and about how he transitioned from business development into online marketing. This interview is full of actionable information.
Here’s what we chat about:
- How Life-Long Learner grew from a business development job into an empire
- The reason why Scott has his very first blog posts as a canned response in Gmail
- It doesn’t matter if you don’t know what you’re doing — no one else does either
- Scott’s Utopia Mindset, and how it can help you get the life you want
- The questions Scott asks people in order to grow his network
- How Scott makes his online courses
- One thousand true fans
- The most important different between digital assets and physical products
- Why Scott changed his mind about how much sleep he needs
- How Scott makes sure his actions match his goals in life
- Using systems to save time when making a podcast
Links mentioned in this show include:
- Michael Hartl’s Rails Tutorial
- How to launch your own website – free NNL video tutorial!
- Skillshare (it’s different now than it was when Scott and I taught there)
- Never Eat Alone by Keith Ferrazzi
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert B., PhD Cialdini
- Give and Take: Why Helping Others Drives Our Success by Adam M. Grant Ph.D.
- 1,000 True Fans
- The Competitive Edge podcast (iTunes link)
Did you enjoy this episode? Thank Scott on Twitter!
If you thought this episode of the podcast was interesting, take a few seconds and let Scott know by clicking the link below to share via Twitter:
Click here to thank Scott on Twitter!
What’s a skill that you could teach? Let us know in the comments below!
Can’t get enough?
There’s a new episode every week, so subscribe to stay in the loop! I have some amazing guests lined up that you won’t want to miss!
Click here to subscribe via iTunes
Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
Click here to subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed)
If you have a moment, I’d also really appreciate you leaving an honest rating and review of the Novice No Longer podcast. It helps immensely with iTunes search and ranking, and helps other people discover this new show. You can rate it by clicking here.
The Novice No Longer Podcast intro music was composed by the talented Will Larche.
Thanks again for listening!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 49:22 — 39.7MB) | Embed