In this week’s episode of the podcast, I talk to Nihal Parthasarathi, the cofounder of CourseHorse, an online marketplace for finding and taking local classes. He shares the story of how CourseHorse came into existence, step-by-step, from idea to rapidly growing company.
Nihal’s story is extremely inspiring, because he follows all the right steps and is reaping the benefits. He shares how he came up with the idea for CourseHorse as well as all the work he and his cofounder did before even looking for a developer.
There are a ton of valuable insights in this podcast, you’ll definitely want to listen.
Here’s what we chat about:
- The only truly effective way to find good business ideas
- You have an idea for a business — what’s step one?
- Methods for getting your potential users to talk to you
- What to do before hiring a developer
- How to best spend your time while your site is being built
- How much input you should have in the CMS/language of your site
- The contest that jumpstarted CourseHorse
Links mentioned in this show include:
Did you enjoy this episode? Thank Nihal on Twitter!
If you thought this episode of the podcast was interesting, take a few seconds and let Nihal know by clicking the link below to share via Twitter:
Have you had a hard time finding classes online? Let us know in the comments below!
Can’t get enough?
There’s a new episode every week, so subscribe to stay in the loop! I have some amazing guests lined up that you won’t want to miss!
If you have a moment, I’d also really appreciate you leaving an honest rating and review of the Novice No Longer podcast. It helps immensely with iTunes search and ranking, and helps other people discover this new show. You can rate it by clicking here.
The Novice No Longer Podcast intro music was composed by the talented Will Larche.
Thanks again for listening!